Ideal starter kit for kids
We are excited to be partnering with WellChild, a fantastic charity who make it possible for children and young people with exceptional health needs to be cared for at home instead of hospital, wherever possible.
Cross stitching is a fantastic activity to keep little hands busy and these colourful kits are a fun and easy place for children to start. We will donate £2 from every one of these kits to WellChild so by purchasing you are not only giving the joy of craft but you’re also helping to support a really worthwhile cause.
Reasons you need this kit
- For each of these kits you buy we will donate £2 to WellChild
- Show your support for the NHS and key workers by proudly displaying the rainbow in your window
- Teach the little ones the great craft of cross-stitching to keep them occupied while they are at home
- Large needle – perfect for little hands
- Create something you can be proud of very quickly
- Designed to fit perfectly in Ikea Ribba frames – so you can frame their work of art.
Who is this kit for?
We originally created our beginner kits for kids workshops, where we had great success with children aged 7 and up in a supervised setting where we were on hand to help with things like threading needles. However, because of their simplicity, larger needle and larger holes in the fabric, they are also perfect for a budding stitcher wanting to gain confidence with a simple design or for someone who would prefer a kit that is a little easier on their eyesight!
We would recommend this kit for ages 7 and up.
In the interests of safety, please note the following warnings, if buying this kit for a child:
- Risk of injury – kit contains functional, sharp point (needle).
- Strangulation hazard – long thread.
- Choking hazard – small parts that can be swallowed.
- To avoid danger of suffocation, keep bag away from babies and children
- Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
- To be used under adult supervision
Because you’re investing your time, we invest in the highest quality materials, that’s why we only include DMC flosses and Zweigart binca in our kits.
- A piece of 6 count Zweigart binca
- DMC floss
- Size 14 Needle
- Easy to read pattern
- Full instructions on how to cross stitch
This kit contains everything you’ll need to complete your cross stitch. The frame is not included but we recommend this one from Ikea.